Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear Reader

This is really an extension of my previous post on a variety of topics. I am striving for authenticity of thought and belief in my own life and writings but I sincerely hope that I have not offended any reader with my political rant in the national--or domestic--realm. You see, my frustrations with the national scene are spilling over into my daily life. I don't like it. So I'm questioning the litany along the way and also examining my own role as a woman, wife, mother and "domestic goddess" in this modern world in which we live. Believe me, there are some days I wish it were 1908 or better yet, 1878. I grapple with this daily--this dichotomy of self and place and purpose. There is so much I embrace about modernity but much that I would rather do without in my life.

I welcome everyone to my blog from all backgrounds and lifestyles and ideologies and hope that this kind of essay, which I tend towards on occasion, will only provoke a dialogue.

Please, as always, feel free to comment, to disagree, to start a conversation. That's why I'm here.

If you would rather email me privately I encourage you to do so at info@catherinepond.com

Many thanks!

Catherine

PS The cartoon image of a woman in her messy kitchen in the column at left is entirely me--well, on some days. I even have a pair of aqua Birkentock croc-like shoes (and pearls) and I always wear a dress or skirt--often black--because I'm doing the world a favor by not showing my legs (well, there is still the cankle factor). However, just because I "wrote the book on pantries" does not an orderly writer's house make! In other words, while I love to bake, cook, organize cupboards, and sometimes clean my house, Martha Stewart I will never be.

No comments: