Monday, October 22, 2007

Historic Home for Sale

IMG_8893
Whitcomb House, Main Street, Hancock, New Hampshire

It has been a busy few weeks as you can well imagine and I'm still catching up. Our New Hampshire house is on the market. [For more on our house, please see Masiello.com or contact our realtor, Greg Hanselman at 603-924-8373 at his Peterborough, New Hampshire office (I've known Greg since Barrett House museum days but by way of all things Ohio, he is originally from the Akron area, like I am.)] You can also e-mail me at info@catherinepond.com if you would like more information.

IMG_1945
"A New Hampshire Brick-Ender," by Wallace Nutting

Over the next few months I will be providing a link to more information about our unique historic home--either in a separate website or blog (and lots of articles that the house has been in, as well as its unique history and interior/landscape today). Also, I need to process the whole letting go that selling a home, or a legacy house, entails. We have been caretakers of this house and its family legacy for sometime, my husband especially, and have loved being here with our three children. But it is time for us to leave it: several years ago I couldn't say that or feel it (and we did have the house on the market then for a bit). Now I am ready.

So if I'm not blogging as much it is because we are either coming, or going. But it is in the midst of enjoyable and productive chaos as we prepare for our new lives and let go of our old ones. A perfect time to be turning 45 in a few weeks: a positive midlife shake down! I say, bring it on.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

It is SO beautiful. I know someone will fall in love with it!

(Especially liked the turkey shot!)