Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Special Shout-Out to all of my Pantry Peeps (and Home Girls, Farmer Boys et al)

Just a quick note to say that I will soon be offering this snazzy In the Pantry button. The goal is to have the button in my sidebar for you to access and upload my blog (or website) In the Pantry into your own sites. For that I would be truly grateful! [Hey, I might even have to make mugs and T-shirts...] But, even the best walk-through directions via the internet are not always fool-proof, at least with this blogger, so bear with me. I just had to give you a preview.

Meanwhile, my webmaster, over at CatherinePond.com, the amazing Ronald Gehrmann at MetaGlyph (who I can't say enough good things about: he is a great designer and works for such a reasonable fee and remotely at that–we've never even met–that I'm not sure how he does it) has designed, as well as this "pantry button," a new wallpaper for this blog. I was inspired by a simple pantry-related design that I'm hoping he can translate into a new wallpaper. But we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, I have more corn to freeze, salsa and ketchup to make and other summer bounty to take care of before it passes. And boys to get back to school on Monday. And a weekend of Route 127 yard sale to slog through in Casey County (twist my arm--we were just in Tennessee yesterday doing the same and I promise a blog soon on that). So we're busy here on the ridge and I'm trying to avoid any and all computer temptations for the moment, especially technical ones where the outcome is not guaranteed. [Also, dear Pantry readers, I have not forgotten my promise to post a blog about root cellars...]

Thank you, as always, for reading and welcome, again, to all of my new readers. I hope you'll keep coming back for more from the pantry.

Blessings,

Catherine

2 comments:

Teresa said...

nice button, I've added it to my blog already!

Christine said...

Hi, Catherine, I am so happy to have stumbled upon your book and blog. Though I have not read your Pantry Book, I look forward to adding to my must reads! I have added a make shift Pantry book button till the real one comes, and will make your Pantry book one of my blog posts as soon as I read it!
Thanx for sharing your writing talents and really have to say I loved what I have read so far on your blog!
Hugs, Christine